Friday 1 June 2012

My Name Isn't Jane...

 First of all, I should tell you that my name is not Jane. Jane Spring is the woman I've wanted to be ever since I was 12yrs old. I hate my given name (and my mother hates that I hate it), so when I fell in love with reading and writing I told myself that by the time I was 30 I would be able to walk into a book store and see my invented pen name, "Jane Spring" on the title of a robin's egg blue novel in a simple georgia font and a picture that would make my book say, "pick me up! you'll like me, give me a chance!" 
  I turned 30 two months ago. What I have I been doing all these years? Well, besides becoming pregnant at 20 and raising the best son in the world, (Sorry moms out there, It's a fact. I have the best one, You'll have to settle for almost perfect) I've spent 78 months of the past 10 years in the hospital. Being a young mom was the easy part. Surviving 30 years with a serious illness, and all the loves and friends who broke my heart because of it, that was the hard part. 
  I've been writing all along. It's my outlet. Along the way I've had encouragement from friends and family, and even established authors, editors and publishers. It's when I feel the most in my element. I come from a small town in Canada and since I write mostly from experience it stands to reason that anyone would know who and what I write about, and would have an open window to the real me. And honestly, I chicken out. Every time. That's where Jane comes in. I decided that I would be Jane sometimes. And it's time that I let Jane Spring start writing the story.
    I hope you join me, Jane, on my journey and it reminds you that few things are as important as life, family, love and good times with friends who know you best.
 SO, For an outlet when you need a break from city life. For nights of dancing. For romance and kisses. For fairy tales and happy ever afters . For bad hair days. For great memories, for fun, for friends, for festivals, for birthdays, and for more memories made. For whimsy and silly. For staying true to yourself. For johnny-shirts, for gowns, for sundresses, for goddesses, for your inner child. For the journey we all take and the mistakes we make along the way. 
This is life. 
Here we go.  



1 comment:

  1. Excellent, love it. Hi Jane, I'm Nick, pleased to meet you ;)

    ReplyDelete